Workplace Safety Signs
A key to disaster and emergency situation prevention is having danger areas well marked with posters and signs. Not everyone can detect a hazardous situation and by law you may be required to mark such areas with caution or warning signs to give notice of a potential hazard. We carry a terrific selection of easy to read, well designed safety signs and posters to warn people of a variety of hazards including high voltage areas, construction hard hat sites and where ear and eye protection is required.
We also feature a number of fire extinguisher signs, eye wash stations and first aid signs to let people know where they can find supplies in an emergency. You will also find clearly marked signs indicating No Smoking areas and places where food or drink are prohibited. Giving ample warning of a hazardous site or situation can prevent accidents and save lives.
According to OSHA regulations, workplace safety signs are a necessity in any workplace. Among OSHA’s requirements:
- ”All employees shall be instructed that danger signs indicate immediate danger and that special precautions are necessary.”
- ”Caution signs shall be used only to warn against potential hazards or to caution against unsafe practices.”
- “Safety instruction signs shall be used where there is a need for general instructions and suggestions relative to safety measures.”
- Per ANSI’s Z35.1, Directional Signs and Safety Signs may also be required.
- All signs shall be furnished with rounded or blunt corners and shall be free from sharp edges, burrs, splinters, or other sharp projections. The ends or heads of bolts or other fastening devices shall be located in such a way that they do not constitute a hazard.
Signage and other tags might not seem like a big deal, but it’s important to remember that these simple safety measures are required
under OSHA regulations, and failing to comply could not only result in easily-preventable accidents and injuries, but also costly fines. Protect your workers, and yourself, with workplace safety signs and other PPE from 1stAidSupplies.com