About Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets
These tablets are intended for use in emergency situations when the only water present is known or suspected to contain harmful bacteria. The active ingredient Tetraglycine Hydroperiodide releases iodine which disinfects the water.
Considered one of the best purification tablets on the market, Potable Aqua was developed by the United States military during World War II and has been in frequent use ever since. Easy to dose and reliably effective, these tablets are effective against bacteria, viruses, and many cysts such as giardia lamblia. Please note: Potable Aqua is NOT effective against cryptosporidium.
- *Intended as a short-term, emergency tool. Not for long-term use.
- *Unopened containers have a shelf-life of about 4 years. Once opened, containers should be replaced after about one year. Repackaging is not recommended.
- *Do NOT eat tablets. Tablets are only to be used in water.
- * Ideal for camping, hiking, travel and emergency kits.
- *Proven effective against: E. coli, salmonella, streptococcus, hepatitis, polio, dysentery, giardia, flatworms, and more.
Directions for Using Potable Aqua Water Purification Tablets
- 1) Add two tablets to one quart or one liter of water.
- 2) Cap the container loosely and wait 5 minutes.
- 3) Shake the container so that some water leaks from the top; this will disinfect the rim and cap.
- 4) Tighten the cap and wait 30 minutes before drinking.
#352605 POTABLE AQUA Water Germicidal Tablets